If lead generation is on your radar – you need a landing page.
After all, you can’t create an eCommerce shop or publish a few blog posts and hope that people will just come to your site and take action.
And since the top 10% of landing pages convert 3x-5x times higher than average converting pages means if you don’t have a landing page you’re leaving a lot on the table.
If you want to succeed, you have to guide people to do what you want them to, whether that be to sign up for a service, subscribe to your newsletter, or make a purchase from your online shop.
And it just so happens that landing pages have the potential to make this happen.
If you’re in desperate need of a way to generate more leads, boost conversions, and secure more sales, but aren’t sure where to start, keep reading.
I’ve rounded up the best landing page builders on the market that are designed to help you build better landing pages and optimize their conversion rates.
Why use a landing page tool to kickstart conversions?
You might think that your opt-in forms are doing the job when it comes to lead generation. And this might be true.
But wouldn’t it be nice to do even better?
Landing pages have benefits that go beyond what your website can do:
- Distraction-free: Your website is full of information, advertisements, images, and places to go. Getting people to focus on subscribing or buying can be tough, even with a highly-optimized opt-in box. Landing pages take all the distractions away so people know exactly what to do next – and that’s convert.
- Data generation: Landing pages draw traffic from multiple sources. By linking your landing pages to specific campaigns, pieces of content, or sources, you can see which channels generate the most leads. These valuable insights will help you refine your marketing efforts.
- Grow your email list: Though landing pages are usually designed to generate leads (that eventually lead to sales), they can also be perfect tools for building a bigger email list. The more subscribers you have, the more opportunities you have to reach out to your leads long after they leave your website.
- Establish credibility: Landing pages give you the opportunity to hyper focus on your brand’s value proposition. People that arrive on your landing page will know immediately what problem of theirs you plan to solve. They’ll also see just how you plan to help them.
- Improve brand awareness: There’s a reason people clicked on a link and arrived on your landing page. And when they do, they’ll become more familiar with your brand and what you stand for. They’ll also be more likely to recognize your business again. This is key because people are more likely to buy from brands they recognize.
So, now that you understand the reasons why adding a landing page to your marketing arsenal is not only beneficial, but necessary, to your brand’s success, let’s look at the landing page tools that made my roundup.
The best landing page builders for 2019
Leadpages is more than a landing page tool because it lets you build entire conversion-focused websites and lead capture forms so you can grow your business.
In an effort to help small businesses connect with their target audience, collect leads, and close more sales, Leadpages gives you the tools needed to build websites, popup opt-in forms, alert bars, and of course highly converting landing pages.
It comes blazing fast so your site’s speed and performance are never sacrificed. In addition, it offers site owners unlimited lead collection and traffic, whereas most landing page solutions don’t.
The code-free drag and drop editor makes customizing your page a cinch with things like a countdown timer, video player, Calendly schedule, OpenTable Reservations, and more.
And thanks to the 200+ mobile-responsive templates available, creating a simple landing page for your industry only takes a few clicks.
That said, Leadpages comes with two very unique features that set it apart from the competition:
- Conversion Guidance: Exclusive technology that predicts your landing page’s success before ever going live. This gives you the opportunity to make tweaks to your page so it will convert higher than ever.
- Leaddigits: The use of text messaging to grow a bigger email list offline. Ask people to take action – subscribe, sign up, join a webinar, or opt-in for a lead magnet – by having people text in a custom message to you. Showcase your personalized text message on signs/billboards, online events, podcasts, trade shows, classes/workshops, eBooks, and even in face-to-face conversations to get more people converting while away from your landing page altogether.
Additional features include:
- A/B testing and real-time analytics
- Integration with tons of email marketing and CRM tools
- Opt-in, thank you, confirmation, sales, and checkout page creation
- Lead magnet hosting and deliverability to subscribers
- Video tutorials plus phone, email, and live chat support
Price: The lowest plan starts at $25/month if paid annually (for a 39% discount). To unlock more features, invest in a higher priced plan.
GetResponse is not just a popular email marketing service. It’s also a tool that allows you to build highly-converting, mobile-responsive landing pages for your website.
This easy-to-use tool comes with a drag and drop editor for moving, resizing, cropping, rescaling, grouping, and reshaping all elements on your page. And once it’s ready, you can publish your page on your own domain with a few clicks or use GetResponse’s subdomains.
Adding to that, since GetResponse is a reputable email marketing service, you can easily send lead information straight to your email list in GetResponse and start sending out email campaigns.
When it comes to your landing page’s opt-in forms, know that each input field is changeable and the form fields are customizable so you collect all the information you need from people when they convert.
And since there are 100s of responsive templates available for you to choose from, you can easily create an opt-in, sales, promo, or even download page for your website.
More features that come with GetResponse landing page creation:
- Built-in analytics for measuring conversion rates
- Integration with services like Google Ads, Bing, and Facebook
- Split testing of landing pages
- PayPal button for immediate payments and increased sales
- Access to 5,000 Shutterstock images
- Mobile version editing
- Countdown timer for instilling a sense of urgency
- The ability to run webinars and automate marketing campaigns
Price: Try GetResponse for 30-days risk free. If you like it, start with the most basic plan for $15/month (getting an 18% and 30% discount when you prepay for 12 and 24 months).
3. Thrive Optimize
Thrive Optimize is an add-on to the popular visual builder Thrive Architect, which just so happens to give site owners an intuitive way to build landing pages. It gives you the power to quickly and easily A/B test your landing pages, which is crucial to increasing conversions and sales.
Though seemingly a simple tool, Thrive Optimize for A/B testing landing pages is much better than:
- Dealing with Google Optimize, which has a confusing interface, is time-consuming to set up, requires copying and pasting of code, and makes analyzing results nearly impossible.
- Expensive testing services that are designed for large enterprises, leaving out casual bloggers and small business that also want to split test their landing pages, increase conversions, and boost sales.
- Free WordPress plugins that are often bloated and poorly coded, are not always up to date or compatible with other software, and slow your site down.
Instead, Thrive Optimize aims to be as basic as possible so you can get the job done. All it wants you to be able to do is split test your landing pages so you can get more leads and close more sales.
And to make things really convenient, this landing page tool comes with three distinct conversion goals so you can focus on one thing at a time and make the right improvements:
- Number of page visits
- Opt-in form submission counts
- Revenue generated
Other top features include:
- Unlimited A/B testing of one or multiple variables right on your WordPress website
- Custom traffic distribution among tests
- Detailed, visual reporting on an easy to read dashboard
- Automatic winner selection
- 100% visual editing of landing pages and variations
- One-click page cloning for faster test set up
Price: With Thrive Optimize you get a generous 30-day risk free trial. If you already own the Thrive Architect page builder, you can purchase Thrive Optimize as a standalone add-on for $67.
If you need both Thrive Architect and Thrive Optimize, you can buy the bundle for a one-time fee of $127. Lastly, if you want access to all Thrive Themes products, including Architect and Optimize, sign up as a Thrive Themes member for $19/month.
Landingi boasts being a landing page builder for non-programmers. In other words, no matter what your skill level is, you can build a fully customized and highly-converting landing page using Landingi.
With Landingi, you get over 200 responsive templates, 800 Google fonts, built-in icon sets, and a live preview of your landing page as you create it so you know it looks just the way you want it to.
It also comes with impressive features like automatic image resizing, one-click lead export functionality, a free SSL certificate, and anti-spam security for protection form submissions.
Though this landing page tool is great for those without any technical knowledge, know this: there are plenty of built-in agency features too.
Take a look:
- Sub accounts for managing multiple campaigns from one place
- Removal of Landingi branding
- User role authorization
- Customizable templates for clients
- White labeling with your own brand
Landingi runs on Amazon Web Services, so you can believe in the 99.95% uptime guarantee.
The one-click page duplication makes creating multiple campaigns at once a cinch. And the simple drag and drop editor takes saves you time and stress, whether you’re a new website owner or a large agency with lots of work on your plate.
Enjoy integration with solutions like HubSpot, Mailchimp, and Salesforce for automatically passing leads to any email marketing or CRM tool you’re using.
Or, if you want to make things really easy, use the built-in lead management software to analyze and manage leads from one place like a tiny CRM.
Price: Landingi comes with a 14-day free trial and doesn’t require a credit card. Business plans start at $29/month and Agency plans start at $145/month (which is a 25% discount for paying annually).
Unbounce is one of the easiest to use landing page tools in my roundup. It helps you improve post-click conversion rates and launch more campaigns faster – without all the distractions a typical webpage has.
To start, it comes with a drag and drop page builder and over 100 templates so you don’t have to hire an expensive developer. And with one-click mobile-responsive page creation, you can expect your landing pages to render seamlessly for site visitors no matter the device type or screen size.
Not to mention, Unbounce prides itself in not having traditional “snap together” grids or blocks for page creation. Instead, they leave you all the creative freedom to design your landing pages as you see fit – without the boundaries.
Unbounce has some cool features reminiscent of some of the best lead generation plugins out there:
- Custom thank you pages
- Gated content in exchange for an email
- Trigger actions based on user behavior
- Targeted offers based on URL, location, referral source, or cookies
- Scheduled offers
In addition, you can A/B test your pages, publish straight to your WordPress site or custom domain (while Unbounce hosts), send leads to over 1,000 marketing tools, and monitor success using the built-in analytics tools.
Lastly, take advantage of one of the most stand out features any of the landing page tools in this roundup have: Dynamic Text Replacement. Swap out pieces of text to match the search terms site visitors used to get to your landing page to improve relevance and boost conversions.
And remember, Unbounce has expanded from just offering landing page creation to site owners to now offering several lead generation features like opt-in popups, sticky bars, and the ability to add maps, which is great for local businesses.
Price: Free 14-day trial. After that, plans start at $79/month (when paid annually).
Elementor is the perfect landing page solution for those who are also looking to build an entire website with the same tool.
This all-in-one-solution claims to be the world’s leading WordPress builder.
It comes with 100% visual design and performs fast so you never sacrifice your site’s speed and performance.
Designed for all types of professionals, from freelancers to agencies, and everything in between, this builder’s pixel perfect drag and drop design makes creating landing pages a breeze.
The unique thing about Elementor is that it is a frontend builder, so you never interrupt your workflow as you create. It also comes with dozens of widgets you can add to your landing page, even marketing-specific ones like:
- Price table
- Social icon
- Share buttons
- Animated headlines
- Testimonial carousels
- Countdown timers
- Facebook button
And, since it integrates seamlessly with your WooCommerce shop, it even comes with eCommerce specific widgets like product images and titles, descriptions, add to cart, product ratings, and price so your site visitors have all the information they need to convert.
You can connect Elementor to any one of your favorite marketing tools, such as Zapier, HubSpot, Mailchimp, MailerLite, and more – so managing contacts and reaching your subscribers long after they’ve left is easy.
It also plays well with third-party tools, plugins, and services like Slack, Google Maps, reCAPTCHA, and Google Fonts.
Price: 30-day money back guarantee. There is a free version, though it is somewhat limited when it comes to creating landing pages. The premium version starts at $49/year for a single site license.
Instapage is a simple tool that gives you the freedom to create post-click landing pages that convert – within minutes and without any technical coding skills.
This neat landing page tool comes feature-packed so you can:
- Track user activity with heat maps
- Customize with zero coding skills and over 200 pre-designed templates
- Create mobile-responsive landing pages
- Make data-driven decisions using the detailed analytics reports
- Find your highest converting pages with unlimited A/B testing
- Export your lead list
- Integrate directly with your WordPress site
The page builder comes with what are called Instablocks for easier and faster page creation. You can customize, save, and reuse them later. And as one of the easiest to use page builders in this roundup, trust that all it takes to add an element is a simple click here and there.
But the best part about using Instapage? Being able to collaborate in real-time with your team as you create landing pages for your blog or business. Receive instant feedback from team members, make real-time edits, and share ideas securely (with your team or clients!) before pushing a page live.
Price: 14-day free trial with all core features, no credit card required. The most basic plan starts at $99/month (when paid annually) for limited features and 2,500 visitors.
Wishpond is an all-in-one platform that helps you scale your business in a variety of ways.
To start, there are 4 built-in marketing tools:
- Landing pages
- Popups and forms promos
- Marketing automation
When it comes to landing page creation, there are plenty of design options to choose from. There are over 100 mobile-responsive templates for any industry to get you started.
And since it comes with a drag and drop editor, like most other landing page tools, building a landing page and publishing it anywhere (WordPress, custom domain, or even Facebook) is easy and fast.
More features to check out:
Wishpond offers site owners many advanced features to aid your lead generation efforts.
- Add welcome mats, popups, slide-ins, and opt-in bars to your website
- Trigger opt-in opportunities on entry, exit, scroll, click, or timed delay
- Create unlimited A/B tests and monitor with real-time reporting
- Customize form fields so you gather the right lead information to secure a sale
- Enable pre-filled form fields and hidden fields based on user behavior
- Have personalized reports delivered straight to your email every week
- Receive Slack notifications every time a new lead signs up
- Integrate with over 300 possible services, including popular email services like AWeber and ActiveCampaign
Price: 14-day free trial with plans starting at $49/month for a maximum of 1,000 leads.
ShortStack is a non-conventional landing page tool that invites more people to take your desired action. In fact, it’s a social media contest app that’s tailored to creating landing pages specifically for social media contests.
People love free stuff. That’s why so many of them are willing to give up their email address, even to a company they might not know, if they think they have a chance of winning something cool.
With ShortStack, you can build interactive contests, giveaways, quizzes, and landing pages and tap into people’s FOMO. Just make sure you have something valuable to dangle in front of them they can win!
Marketing features you get with ShortStack include:
- The ability to collect user-generated content (that you can use on your website)
- Pre-designed templates for inspiration
- Email campaign scheduling
- Filtering of recipients (g., winners, approved entries, etc.)
- Sequenced email campaigns to push people through the sales funnel
- Action Widget to trigger actions based on user behavior
- Autoresponder emails for those that sign up
- Double opt-in feature for GDPR compliance
- Action-gating that requires signup before accessing offer
Price: Get a 10-day free trial and then signup for the basic plan that comes with 2,000 entries and 10,000 views for $159/year (or $29/month).
So, which landing page tool is right for you?
I know, picking from a roundup of landing page tools can be tough if you’re just getting started. Especially when they’re all as great as the ones I’ve mentioned. That’s why I’m going to help you out with a brief summary of each so you can make a decision:
- Leadpages – Ideal for those that want to cast their marketing net wide thanks to Leaddigits, the offline text messaging feature for encouraging signups.
- GetResponse – A great solution for marketers looking for landing page creation and an email marketing service provider in one.
- Thrive Optimize – An excellent option for those who need an affordable WordPress-based solution to build & split test their landing pages.
- Landingi – Perfect for both non-programmers looking for an easy solution and agencies that need a more robust platform.
- Unbounce – A comprehensive landing page tool that comes with lead generation tools to help.
- Elementor – Great for anyone looking to build a website from scratch and include landing pages to boost conversions and sales.
- Instapage – For anyone that needs a straightforward and simple way to create highly converting landing pages with an easy to use page builder.
- Wishpond – Another all-in-one marketing platform for those that need landing pages, opt-in forms, contest functionality, and marketing automation.
- ShortStack – A unique twist on landing page creation that involves social media contests and giveaways to encourage signups.
So, what are you waiting for? Start boosting conversions and sales right away using one of these exceptional landing page tools.
For further reading, you may want to check out this article to level up your landing pages.